Friday, July 29, 2011

July 29th, 2011 a good day

Today is my best trading day since I start my trading. I booked 20 percent gain today.

We saw the market gap down to 1287. I set a market order for 2 put. I sold them a little cheap. Learn that DO NOT set market order at the open, as at the open the volatility is too high I guess. I sold the remaining put around 1285.

Market overshoot the 200MA to 1283. I bought 4 Sep 129 calls at 3.76, 6 cents higher than the lowest of day (3.70). I did not expect market bounced so strong to 1304. I sold my calls way too early when I saw 1296 for 4.24. Could earn more, but I am still quite happy with it.

For next monday, I feel we will retest 1286 zone again to form some kind of double bottom. If next monday we closed at the low around 1286, it would be another great long opportunity for the oversold bounce on next Tuesday. Hope this will happen then I can make some money.

I have one Sep 133 put from 1299 holding over the weekend before the debts ceiling decision. I did not close it due to the day trading restriction. Currently 50 dollar unrealized gain. If we could see a flat open or lower open on Monday, I would close it immediately. Wish I would not lose money on this put. Hard to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment