Friday, December 30, 2016

Example and lesson from a range expansion from below set up

Below are 2 examples.

1. LXU: I noticed LXU this week, the entry can be around 9 dollar. Next day morning it went up sharply a little bit off previous high, end dived down. The upside momentum only hold around 1 hour next day as shown in the 5 minute charts. Lesson: take profit as long as you can.

2. HDSN: I actually traded HDSN. My entry is around 7.66 yesterday. Today HDSN went up to 8.45 in the first hour. That is around 10% gain overnight. It is the similar behavior as LXU. I did not take the quick profit and still hold it. Luckily HDSN hold the 8 dollar area. 

HDSN is a strong growth stock as I scanned it based on fidelity screener. I think this stock will continue going up in 2017. That is the reason I did not take the quick profit. Hopefully HDSN will do good next week.






No comments:

Post a Comment