Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dairy Week 1 Day 1

I want to write my trading activity everyday on this blog from today to record what I vision, what I perform, what I learn through a day by day base. It will be extremely useful when I come back later to recall what I have done.

Today is a miserable trading day for me after the dramatically down day for AKAM. I lost $1000 dollars in one day after I bought the stocks yesterday. This is a disaster to my trading account.

1. Bought 150 LULU at $97.55 yesterday. Today morning some stupid company downgraded LULU which draw the price down 6 percent at close today. I was initially set a stop at 96.20 yesterday. But when I see LULU only has price $95 in the pre-market, I cancelled my stop order, thinking it is not worth to cut my loss right away. But things just keep against me. It went up to 96.40 in the first 10 minutes, which can be my escape point, then LULU freely falled down to 91.04 in a day, closed at 91.75. I did not even think about set a new stop order. I even average down another 100 shares at 92.06, wishing I can minimize some loss. Recall that, one day Traderstewie bought BRKS and it got downgraded, Traderstewie sell BRKS right at the open. I should do this also for LULU. Lesson to learn: Whenever a stock got downgrade, sell it as soon as possible. Now I am just hoping tomorrow I can come back some loss. Sell it at 5 minute bounce and move on.

2. Sold 400 share KKD yesterday aftermarket at 7.84. I set a stop order at 7.99. My stop order was triggered 6 minutes after the market open today. Luckily that I set a stop order to cut my loss. KKD is up 11 percent today. What a monster! This kind of failed trade is the same as the old one for GLNG. Yesterday I think KKD would follow through to go down today, but it is acting very strong. I am not regret for this trade, as I feel KKD was more likely go down based on yesterday chart. I am good to set a stop order for it to cut loss if the direction is against me. But for LULU, with the gap down, my stop order does not work.

I will keep posting everyday about my trading activities here. Hope this diary will help me become strong. I need to stop trading for a while. I have to and need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment