Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Look at some charts for short squeeze

I think the following setup is also a good winning strategy. It is looking for short squeeze. The idea is that, the day before everyone wanted to short the stocks. Hence many traders held the short position over night. The next day, the market gapped up and had some good news. The stocks gap up next day and allure new buyers to buy. Then the short sellers had to cover which would push the stock price even higher. This situation can be happened at a double bottom case, or some level to form a higher low.

The following chart is CIEN. On 03/09, it traced back to 20MA on lower volume. I shorted CIEN from 03/09. The next day 03/10, the stock had a pullback. Yesterday it was very temping to hold the short position overnight. Then today CIEN squeezed hard to be up 7.34%. I had thought about this situation, because I saw the down volume yesterday is very thin. It looked to me that not much selling yesterday. Hence I closed my short position yesterday. CIEN can either dive hard today or squeeze hard. This setup always depends on the trader's risk management. You can be wrong, but correct yourself at no time.





No comments:

Post a Comment