Saturday, November 5, 2011

Year 1 trading self-reflection Part II

I started serious trading from October 2010. The reason is that at that time, my trading account lost 50 percent of its initial value. I felt that I needed to learn in order to recover from the big loss. Luckily I recovered all the loss three months later due to the bull run from Novermber 2010 to January 2011.

In the neolithic period of my trading, I have no knowledge for trading. I did not know what was moving average, what was support and resistance, etc. I should say I was very lazy at that time, wishing some guru giving me some good stcck picks, then I can earn money. I traded stocks mentioned by friends or some people at Mitbbs, no knowing why and when to exit.

I made 11 trades from November 2009 to October 2010, but losing 50 percent my trading account. 10 out of 11 are penny stocks whose price is less than 10. My biggest loss is AMNP trade, which I lost 92 percent. All these are big lessons to me. They triggered me to build trading weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment